Sunday, March 25, 2012

Madonna Sunday-Rabbit Leopold

The Four Classic Rock Songs I Heard today were Rockin' in the Free World (acoustic version) by Neil Young, Brain Damage/Eclipse by Pink Floyd, Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin and Raised on the Radio
by the Ravyns.  Gonna call Brother Calvin in Four Minutes.  Speaking of Madonna, I just got MDNA this morning but I'l play it once I Finish La Isla Bonita/Latte from the Final Rabbit Warner Masterpiece
Sticky and Sweet Tour!

Madonna Song of the Day-Love Don't Live Here Anymore from Like a Virgin-Lyric quote from
Lady Ciccone/Peron/Simpson via Seventies soul band Rose Royce-"Through the windmills of my eyes/Everyone can see/The loneliness inside of me...You abandoned me/Love don't live here anymore/Just a vacancy/Love don't live here anymore!"-Clearly sad, tearful and crying out her Wet Ciccone Tears, Love Don't Live Here Anymore is the first Madonna Song to explore her mother's sad death.  In Tears, Madonna mops up the dance floor in sadness.  Unfortunately for Miss Ciccone, there is no closure, just the nagging feeling that won't quite go away of loss and sadness.  Fortunately for us-the lady's not the same.  We're not the same.  For in Love Don't Live Here Anymore, Madonna turns sadness into art.  For that we all can be grateful for Madonna's Presence and Fortinitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment