Saturday, March 10, 2012

Drive-In Saturday-Rabbit Leopold

There you have it.  Had Lunch at Arundel Mills, near Glen Burnie-I loved it.  Cindy, Megan and Ashley were there! Was at the arcade, had fun.  Nicole Sent me Madonna's 2012 calendar-Thanks Nic!-Beautiful Sister! The Four Classic Rock Songs I Heard today were Let It Be by the Beatles, We've Got Tonight by Bob Seger, Have a Drink on Me by AC/DC and Bloody Well Right by Supertramp

Madonna Song of the Day-Mother and Father from American Life
-Lyric quote from Lady Ciccone/Peron/Simpson-"There was a time that I was happy In My Life/There was a time I thought I believed I'd Live Forever!...There was a time that I had a mother and it was nice!...I didn't understand, I was just a kid!...My mother died when I was five/And all I did was sit and cry!/My father had to go to work/I used to think he was a jerk!...Not another word was spoken!...A victim of a kind of rage!"
-That's right, Madonna at her most enraged up to this point.  Of course, new record MDNA has irrevocably changed all that but Madonna will forever be heartbroken and distraught over her mother's death! That's a Fact! Channeling her inner Sophie Tucker, Bessie Smith and Nina Simone, Madonna seethes, burns and rages in this sad ballad and proves beyond a doubt that Miss Ciccone can do sad like no one else in recorded music today.  Your move, Madge!

No comments:

Post a Comment