Friday, August 31, 2012

Madonna Wednesday-Rabbit Leopold

From Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec City, Madonna Keeps Wowing Audiences with the MDNA Tour.  She has the best job in the world.  A True Blue Fighting Spirit-MADONNA!

Madonna Song of the Day-The Waltz from Evita-Lyric quote from Lady Ciccone/Peron/Simpson via Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice and Antonio Banderas-"Tell me before you get on to your bus/Before joining the Forgotten Brigade!/How can one person like me say/Alter the time-honored way the game is played?/Tell me before you get on to your high horse/Just what you expect me to do?/I don't care what the bourgeoisie say/I'm not in business for them but to give all my descamisados/A magical moment or two!/There is evil!/Ever around/Fundamental system of government quite incidental!/So what are my chances
of honest advances?/I'd say low/Better to win by admitting my sin/Than to lose with a halo/Allow me to help you to slink off to the sidelines/And mark your adieu with three cheers!/But first tell me who'd be delighted?/If I said I would take on the world's greatest problems/From war to pollution/No hope of solution!/Even if I lived for 100 years!...So go if you're able/To somewhere unstable!/And stay there!/Whip up your hate in some tottering state!/But not here dear!/Is that clear dear?/What if I'd give for a hundred years?/But the physical interferes/Every day More/Oh my Creator?/What is the good of the strongest heart?/In a body that's falling apart!/A serious flaw/I hope you know that!"-Clearly in the last years of Evita's life, the years weren't kind to her.  As for Madonna herself, Evita will always be her best performance on the silver screen-she delivers one of the saddest and dare I say it best singing of her Ciccone life and existence.  Madonna's music will live forever, no questions asked!

No comments:

Post a Comment