Sunday, August 19, 2012

Madonna Friday-Rabbit Leopold

I know it's a bit later than expected but to my finest inspiration-Happy birthday Madonna! You are a happy girl in your happy world because you rock hard with will and determination-and grace too! You are a friend of mine because you're a Ray of Light and Masterpiece who Lives to Tell and Takes a Bow in Love and Life.  Thank You for your Brilliant Music!-Rabbitbunny Leopold.

Madonna Song of the Day-Survival from Bedtime Stories-Lyric quote from Lady Ciccone/Peron/Simpson
-"I'll Never Be an Angel/I'll Never Be a Saint, it's True/I'm Too Busy Surviving/Whether it's heaven or hell/I'm gonna be Living to Tell/So Here's My Story/No Risk No Glory/A little up and down and all around/It's all about Survival!"-Perhaps the lady's truest and most autobiographical manifesto, Madonna will always survive long after her contemporaries fade or burn out.  Even in the afterglow of stardom, Madonna will always burn and shine brightly among rockers.  That's a given.  Or to quote Paul Westerberg of seminal Eighties band the Replacements, Madonna Louise Ciccone will always be Left of the Dial-she's the mainstream rocker with an indie-DIY heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment