Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Madonna Tuesday-Rabbit Leopold

Thank You Bunny Rosie for your help and friendship-I Love You a Whole Bunch!-The Four
Classic Rock Songs That I Heard today were Gimme Back My Bullets by Lynyrd Skynyrd
and Rock & Roll Never Forgets by Bob Seger-1976 and I Can't Tell You Why by the Eagles
and Cheap Sunglasses by ZZ Top-1979.  Classic American Rock & Roll-100.7 The Bay-Baltimore's Classic Rock! The Bay Rocks!

Madonna Song of the Day-Sooner or Later-Lyric quote from Lady Ciccone/Peron/Simpson
via Stephen Sondheim-"Sooner or later...I always get my man!"-Further proof that Our Lady had come a long way from early Ciccone hits Material Girl and Into the Groove.  However, here
-Madonna does something quite different-She imbues the Sondheim melody with a marked sadness and makes it her own-as if Maddy might and will never get her man in the end after all this time searching for love-just ask Sean Penn and Guy Ritchie-and finding absolutely nothing to soothe or comfort her.  Madge is Crying, no question about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment