Sunday, October 14, 2012

Madonna Thursday-Rabbit Leopold

On to L.A., Madonna suddenly starts crying for a 14-year old girl who was shot by the Taliban in Pakistan as she tried to get on a bus.  With that, tears fall as Human Nature begins.  The show is dedicated with love to Malala.

Madonna Song of the Day-Devil Wouldn't Recognize You from Hard Candy-Lyric quote from
Lady Ciccone/Peron/Simpson via her Good Brother Joe Henry-"As quiet as it is tonight/You almost think you were safe/Your eyes are full of surprises/They cannot predict my fate!/Waiting underneath the stars/There's something you should know/The angels they surround my heart/Telling me to let you go!...It's like Over and Over/You're pushing me right down to the floor!/Over and Over/I keep on coming back for More/I play into your fantasy/Now that it's over/You can lie to me right through your smile/I see behind your eyes/Now that I'm sober/No more intoxicating my mind/Even the devil wouldn't recognize you!...You almost fooled yourself this time/Let all saints be praised!/You hide your sadness behind your smile/And you keep your lost heart braced/The steps that edge along the ledge is much higher than it seems/But I've been on that ledge before/You can't hide yourself from me!/Even the devil wouldn't recognize you!"-Combining the outright rage of Borderline with the sadness of Take a Bow, Madonna made and recorded Hard Candy in the death throes of her second marriage to Guy Ritchie.  Clearly it was not working for Madonna and Guy anymore.  Call Devil Wouldn't Recognize You The War of the Ritchies and you're not that far off.  When asked by friend/Talk show host David Letterman on the chances of marriage again, Our Lady angrily replied
-"I'd rather get run over and hit by a train!" For Madonna, it was sadly real and final.  In Miss Ciccone's eyes, it was real this time-The years of British Exile were over.  Once again it was Madonna who Lived to Tell-Madonna came back home to America to Stay-there was no looking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment